We are happy to announce that On October 20-22, 2021, Perm State University (Perm, Russia) hosts the International Conference “Cultural Heritage in the Digital Dimension” as part of the Perm Forum “Science and Global Challenges of the 21st Century”. The conference is organized by the Faculty of History and Politics and the Center for Digital Humanities in Perm State University. Due to the pandemic, it will be held in a hybrid format. It is assumed that there is an opportunity to present in person and online.
The conference aims to discuss the application of information technologies in the preservation, study, and representation of cultural heritage via digital means, exchange of experience, and identify the needs for the development of a digital environment of GLAM institutions for better social and cultural impact.
Conference topics include, but are not limited to the following issues:
• Study of the cultural heritage using digital tools and methods;
• Digitisation objects of various types;
• VR/AR/MR technologies, virtual museums, representation of the museum space in a virtual environment;
• Spatial modeling and reconstruction of cultural heritage;
• Textual heritage: Formats, visualization, representation, and analysis;
• Born-digital heritage;
• Tangible and Intangible cultural heritage: Study, preservation, and representation in the digital environment;
• Digital arts, electronic literature, and art practices. Digital art as an element of cultural heritage;
• Multidisciplinarity of the projects and cooperation of educational, academic institutions, GLAM industry, and IT companies;
• New competencies and training of specialists in the field of digital cultural heritage.
• Presentation of projects and tools. We welcome scholars, teachers, early-stage researchers, museums, archives, libraries professionals, developers of information resources, and representatives of the IT industry to participate in the event.
The conference sessions will be held in English and Russian.
For registration, please follow the link. Conference speakers do not need to be registered via the Timepad.